Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program has issued a recall for plant material produced by Galenas LLC, the Columbus Dispatch reports.
The recall is for Blueberry Cookies flower and Blueberry Cookies shake, or trim, and it was prompted by complaints from dispensaries who said they found plastic-like material in some of the company’s packaging.
There have been no reports of harm caused by the affected product, however, the products should be returned to their point of sale, state regulators say. Returned products will not count toward a patient’s 90 day supply quota, according to the report.
According to the Dispatch brief, the following products are covered under the recall:
- M00000267014: Tier 1 Vap-Hybrid-17.9-0.1-BLUEBERRY COOKIE SHAKE-2.83
- M00000267018: Tier 1 Vap-Hybrid-17.9-0.1- BLUEBERRY COOKIE SHAKE-14.15
- M00000266708: Tier 2 Vap-Hybrid-26.7-0.1- BLUEBERRY COOKIE SHAKE-5.66
- M00000266711: Tier 2 Vap-Hybrid-26.7-0.1- BLUEBERRY COOKIE SHAKE-14.15
- M00000267001: Tier 2 Vap-Hybrid-31.5-0.1-BLUEBERRY COOKIE-2.83
- M00000267002: Tier 2 Vap-Hybrid-31.5-0.1- BLUEBERRY COOKIE-5.66
- M00000267003: Tier 2 Vap-Hybrid-31.5-0.1- BLUEBERRY COOKIE-8.49
- M00000267004: Tier 2 Vap-Hybrid-31.5-0.1- BLUEBERRY COOKIE-11.32
- M00000267005: Tier 2 Vap-Hybrid-31.5-0.1- BLUEBERRY COOKIE-14.15
If anyone is experiencing adverse reactions to the products, state officials advise them to seek immediate medical attention and to report the incident to the state health line at 833-464-6627.
Earlier this month, the Ohio Pharmacy Board proposed new rules to increase the amount of cannabis available to patients when visiting dispensaries.
Get daily cannabis business news updates. Subscribe