Tweed, the first company to enter Canada’s federally-regulated medical marijuana market, is now looking to hire experienced trimmers for their massive grow op in Ontario, according to this recent tweet.
The growing facility itself, located in Smiths Falls, earned media attention several months ago for reportedly being the largest structure ever dedicated to growing legal marijuana. Now a massive grow op, the building was originally a Hershey’s chocolate factory.
So if you’re in the area — or looking to relocate for the chance to enter Canada’s burgeoning medical marijuana industry — it’s probably worth your while to polish up that resume and send it in.
What follows is a list of qualities highlighted by Tweed’s Master Grower, Ryan Douglas — these are very important considerations when applying for a job at any grow op:
1. Attention to detail. My growers are constantly watching over the plants for any sign of imperfection, so having a keen eye is a huge asset when it comes to keeping plants healthy and safe.
2. Timeliness. It’s more than just showing up for the start of your shift. Knowing when to water a plant and making it happen on time can mean the difference between a room full of mediocre plants and a room full of amazing plants.
3. Cleanliness. My growers keep their sections meticulous with daily mopping, sweeping and washing. If you have a track record of keeping your workplace clean, make sure to highlight that skill on your resume.
4. Honesty. Working with a product like marijuana means having employees that I can trust. Passing a criminal background check is only part of the process. Work references that verify your honesty at previous jobs can help put a manager like myself at ease.
5. Organization. With 30 varieties and 50,000 plants at full capacity, it’s critical that my growers keep impeccable records.
6. Hustle. The Tweed grow-op is a fast paced, 160,000 square foot plant production environment. If you’re not exhausted at the end of the work day, something’s wrong. A proven track record of hard work can speak volumes when I am considering the next addition to my team.
Competition for the positions will likely be steep, so remember that Tweed’s grow op has an entire football field’s worth of marijuana cultivation to trim, and that’ll probably require a small army of experienced trimmers.
Photo Credit: Mark