NFL Pro-Players, Nate Jackson and Lorenzo Neal, and Renowned Medical Pain Experts Talk on Benefits of Cannabis to Athletes
(Paramus, NJ, September 2015)—“Sports Pain Management and Cannabis,” will be a high level panel presented at the Cannabis World Congress & Business Exposition (CWCBExpo) in Los Angeles. Taking place September 16-18, 2015, CWCBExpo in LA is the only event on the West Coast to cover the entire spectrum of legalized and medical marijuana.
Many professional sports players, especially among the high impact sport of football, are citing marijuana and cannabinoids as effective medicine for pain relief and stress reduction. This important panel at CWCBExpo in LA is being presented by Coalition for Access Now 501C4 and moderated by Geoff Whaling, its Founding Member and Board Treasurer, at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 17, at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA.
The medical research community has been severely restricted in their attempts to access a natural plant product that has overwhelming anecdotal evidence supporting this therapy. “The ‘Sports Pain Management and Cannabis’ panel will further demonstrate, using real life examples, what the true potential is to help millions of Americans, beginning with just one drop of CBD hemp oil,” said Geoff Whaling. “The advancement of industrial hemp and therapeutic hemp oils will not only provide safe access for many families, but will also serve to boost the American economy by utilizing our valuable agricultural resources and farmers.”
Sharing first-hand knowledge and medical expertise the “Sports Pain Management and Cannabis” panel features a well-rounded line-up of speakers including:
– Nathan Ross “Nate” Jackson: Former NFL football player including six seasons with Denver Broncos. Nate is also a writer and book author and strong advocate for the NFL to allow medical marijuana as a means to help players deal with the physical and psychological pain and head injuries inherent to their profession.
– Dr. Mark Steven Wallace: Board of Directors, American Pain Society and serves on scientific planning meetings for both national and international meetings, including the World Congress of Pain, World Institute of Pain, American Academy of Pain Medicine and American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine.
– Lorenzo Neal: Pro-Bowl Player who has played for the New Orleans Saints, New York Jets, San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens and Oakland Raiders. Considered one of the best blocking fullbacks in NFL history, Lorenzo has blocked for a 1000+ yard back eleven straight years from 1997-2007.
– Joel Stanley: Chief Executive Officer, Stanley Brothers Social Enterprises / CW Botanicals. Stanley and his 5 brothers created and developed the internationally known Charlotte’s Web hemp product that has been featured on CNN, Dateline NBC, The View and in many other media around the world.
– Cristi Bundukamara Ed.D, NP: Research Director for the Realm of Caring Foundation. In this role she educates providers and consumers regarding the therapeutic benefits of cannabinoids and consulting with the largest population of clients with epilepsy using cannabidiol as treatment.
“I’ve medicated with cannabis since my football career began in high school, and I found it to be an effective pain relief method; much more effective than the alternatives. Cannabis allowed me to take the edge off of the pain without losing my edge on the field,” said Nate Jackson.
“Sports Pain Management and Cannabis” is part of a comprehensive educational program that includes more than 60 sessions that focus on all the elements for moving the marijuana industry forward including tracks for Creating Your Business; Running Your Business; Business Growth; Industry Leaders; and Cannabis Future.
Headlining the CWCBExpo in LA are three powerful keynotes—Melissa Etheridge, Grammy and Academy Award winning singer/songwriter, who also appears thanks to the Coalition for Access Now 501C4, Ethan Nadelmann, founder of Drug Policy Alliance and George Zimmer, iconic businessman—sharing their unique views on advocacy, entrepreneurship, and industry beliefs.
CWCBExpo also presents in-depth workshops on September 16 and an exhibit floor, September 17-18, with suppliers in the industry showcasing cutting-edge products and services. More information for the CWCBExpo in LA, and discounted advanced rates can be found at http://www.cwcbexpo.com/los-angeles-show/registration.asp. For more information on sponsoring or exhibiting contact Christine Ianuzzi, Show Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-881-1602.
About Cannabis World Congress & Business Expositions (CWCBExpo)
The Cannabis World Congress & Business Expositions (CWCBExpo) are produced by Leading Edge Expositions in partnership with the International Cannabis Association (ICA). The events are the leading professional forums for dispensary owners, growers, suppliers, investors, medical professionals, government regulators, legal counsel, and entrepreneurs looking to achieve business success and identify new areas of growth in this dynamic industry. In 2015, CWCBExpo took place June 17-19, at the Javits Convention Center in New York, and the CWCBExpo Fall will be held September 16-18, at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA. For more information on ICA visit www.internationalcannabisassociation.com. To learn more about the CWCBExpos go to www.cwcbexpo.com. Connect with CWCBExpo on twitter.com/CWCBExpo and facebook.com/CWCBExpo.
About Coalition for Access Now
The Coalition for Access Now is a 501C4 nonprofit organization led by families committed to educating the public and lawmakers on the health benefits associated with natural therapies derived from cannabis for chronic health conditions. As families whose children suffer from debilitating health issues and who have experienced firsthand the benefits of these treatments, we seek to raise awareness and encourage policies that would lead to greater access for those in need. Our Coalition has one central mission: to empower families and give them access to hope NOW! This community is not only a network of support for parents, grandparents and caregivers, but it is also a resource for families aiming to make their voices heard by legislators on the local, state, and federal level on this critical issue. The Coalition is a rallying point for families across the country who are facing the devastating choice between becoming “medical refugees” in order to access lifesaving treatments or watching their child’s health deteriorate before their very eyes. www.coalitionforaccessnow.org
Editor’s Note: Qualified members of the media are invited to register as press for the CWCBExpo LA. To request a press badge go to: http://www.cwcbexpo.com/los-angeles-show/press-registration-form.asp