Ganjapreneur is seeking a full-time remote Graphic Designer to join our ranks and assist with a variety of ongoing creative projects. This will be a multifaceted role involving a decent amount of production work pertaining to our daily publishing activities, as well as the opportunity to collaborate on projects with our in-house creative agency, Blue Dream.
Ongoing job duties to include:
- Work within the existing Ganjapreneur brand system, as well as the brand systems of our clients and partners, to produce all manner of digital and print design assets — from satirical memes, to banner ads, to whitepapers, to apparel.
- Produce realistic Photoshop compositions to accompany Oregano.com satire articles.
- Using templates, generate daily editorial graphics for social media sharing.
- Help expand and enhance current social media graphics templates.
- Create document templates in InDesign and/or Google Docs
- Format visually-striking, multi-page branded PDF documents in InDesign
- Contribute to web design layouts and site enhancements using Figma
- Help expand and further develop the Ganjapreneur visual identity, and the visual identities of other projects that we’re working on
- 2+ years of experience or equivalent in a production graphic design role
- Familiarity with the cannabis industry
- Familiarity with social media marketing and designing for digital formats
- Extensive experience in Adobe Suite software products — especially Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain productivity in a fully-remote position
- Familiarity with CSS, HTML, and front-end web development
- Familiarity with email design & troubleshooting
- Photography/video production & editing experience
- B2B marketing experience
- Motion graphics experience
- Experience with Figma
This role will report directly to our VP of Marketing and Creative Director, and you will collaborate on a regular basis with other departments via Slack, email, project management software, and occasional phone / Zoom meetings.
Compensation DOE — benefits include work from home, flexible schedule, and paid time off. BIPOC, LGBTQ, veterans, people with disabilities, and people with cannabis-related priors are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please compile a portfolio of example works and a cover letter to accompany your resume. We look forward to meeting you!
Jun 7th // 2021
Ganjapreneur is a digital business journal for the cannabis industry founded on the idea that, if enacted properly, legalization can have a profoundly positive effect on the world. Our mission is to be a reliable source of information for grassroots entrepreneurs and curious bystanders alike, and to share the stories of cannabis operators and experts who are paving the way. We are a close-knit and scrappy digital-first organization with a focus on efficiency. We take our work seriously and have high expectations for ourselves, and we value the input of everyone on the team.