General Manager @ Green Remedy Collective
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for leading a team of approximately 30 employees, including 4-5 managers, and is accountable for all aspects of managing a single retail cannabis store. You will report to the Board of Directors & The Director of Operations. You will help train, develop, and hire new hires as well as continuing to improve standard operating procedures. This position requires attention to detail, a passion for process, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence in the high-regulated and compliance-focused cannabis industry.
General Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; and enforcing ethical business practices.
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; and coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales and payroll goals, and complete workload.
- Ensure compliance with MAUCRSA, local laws and regulations centered around cannabis ordinances
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Oversee the maintenance of the facility, including exterior property.
- Oversee the Delivery and Pick-Up orders department, ensuring prompt delivery and quick order fulfillment.
- Perform HR duties including: Employee Appraisals, Discipline Notices, On Boarding paperwork, PTO compliance.
- Conduct weekly manager meetings and monthly all staff meetings
- Monitor and respond to all online reviews, including: Weedmaps, Leafly, Google and Yelp.
- Oversee management team schedule.
This is a full-time position that offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Health Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- General Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Performance management
- Management Proficiency
- Developing standards, coaching, and team coordination
- Financial planning
- Process improvement
- Decision making
- Strategic planning
- Quality management
- AP / AR
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5 years of successful management experience, preferably in cannabis retail, though not a requirement.
- Financial management: interpreting reporting data, inventory control.
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service culture, and executing marketing directives.
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing.
Please provide (3) verifiable professional references
- Proficient with technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations and be flexible/adaptable
- Special Requirements
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekend, and some holidays as this is a retail environment
- Working Conditions
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis
Green Remedy Collective
May 21st // 2020
Green Remedy Collective
Well established East Bay Dispensary in Richmond, CA