About the job:
This is an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of both the emerging cannabis industry and the world of modern digital publishing. In contrast to most business magazines and print journals, we are lean, unbureaucratic, efficient, and we do all of our marketing and creative development in-house.
This role will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer who supervises nearly all of our activities. The title is Digital Publishing Assistant, but for a candidate who is driven and effective, it could very well evolve into a much larger role in a relatively short time frame. Here are some of the things we need assistance with currently:
Advertising Management: Ganjapreneur works with top-level cannabis industry brands in the form of robust, multi-faceted advertising partnerships. On the advertising side, your job will involve setting up and configuring ad campaigns for our clients, coordinating with ad client representatives and agencies, running reports on campaign performance, contributing to new product design and development, and coordinating with our sales team.
Editorial Coordination: In addition to our daily news coverage, Ganjapreneur is also a comprehensive digital platform with a variety of editorial and informational sections that you will manage the contents of. On the editorial side, your job will involve formatting and publishing content, data entry, auditing and deleting old content, and contributing to the development of new content formats.
Marketing Coordination: Because our core team comes from a digital marketing background, Ganjapreneur has top-notch digital marketing channels at its disposal. Your job will also involve providing assistance related to the planning / creation / scheduling of marketing materials, from our website, to our email marketing, to print design collateral, to social media and paid ad formats.
About the ideal candidate:
- You are a highly organized and detail-oriented person who performs well under the pressure of deadlines.
- You are a skilled writer and care about precise spelling and grammar when communicating via email.
- You have a passion for and desire to pursue a career in digital publishing, marketing, or the cannabis industry, or better yet — all three.
- You want to work with a team of highly competent and experienced people who you can learn from.
- You are a fast learner when it comes to technology and you easily get the hang of new software platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or similar field.
- Experience in a professional role that involves email communication
- Experience with WordPress open-source website platform
- Experience with business-to-business relationship building/management
- Familiarity with cannabis and the cannabis industry
- Graphic design / Photoshop
- Website development & SEO
- Audio/video editing
- Email newsletters / Mailchimp
- $15/hr, DOE
- 30 hrs/week to start
- May grow to 40 hrs/week with some work-from-home flexibility
Please familiarize yourself with Ganjapreneur and then email us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position and why you are applying. Please also include a description of your most relevant work experience and how it has prepared you for this role. Email us at careers [at] ganjapreneur [dot] com.
Sep 3rd // 2019
Ganjapreneur.com is a digital publication and business platform for the cannabis industry which launched in 2014. We are a small, close-knit team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing good work. Over the past 5 years, we have grown to become one of the top cannabis B2B digital media outlets in the world, with over 150,000 social followers, 100,000 unique monthly website visitors, and 35,000 daily newsletter subscribers. We are hard workers, we are perfectionists, and we care about how our work impacts the greater issues of injustice surrounding cannabis prohibition. We are looking for people who are similarly passionate about publishing and who thrive and excel in a fast-paced environment.