Seeking Kansas City and Surrounding Area Candidates for this position.
Relocation assistance is not offered.
The BSA/AML Analyst assists in the day to day BSA/AML responsibilities within Compliance & Risk Management. Responsibilities will include but are not limited:
to reviewing and investigating alerts; high-risk accounts; identifying suspicious activity, performing enhanced due diligence on customers and accounts,
interpreting company’s policy and procedures pertaining to compliance and BSA/AML/OFAC; keeping up to date on regulations, and ensuring timely
reporting of all activity to the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO).
Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to:
• Act as a resource to all co-workers in understanding compliance requirements and how it affects products and services;
• Conduct enhanced due diligence for customers at on-boarding and on-going monitoring;
• Identify complexity of beneficial ownership with account relationships;
• Review incoming new accounts for compliance with relevant laws, rules and regulations;
• Assist or conduct with transaction testing, data validation, and ongoing customization of monitoring systems;
• Conduct comprehensive investigation reviews of customers by utilizing CIP information, occupation, line of business, income methods, and transaction activity as identified by the risk assessment and system platform predefined triggers.
• Utilize data to research and build a case or activity for suspicious activity and/or scenarios
• Identify high risk activity, relationships and accounts based on tier levels;
• Assist in ensuring compliance with OFAC, PEPs, and other BSA regulatory lists, to include 314(a) searches from Dept of Treasury
• Assist in preparation for internal audits or bank partners examinations;
• Identify deficiencies and make recommendations for overall purpose of the integrity of the BSA/AML program
• Recommend enhancements for marketing materials for products and services to ensure compliance requirements are considered or included;
• Review and contribute to compliance training materials for staff, as needed;
• Update compliance program manuals, upon the request of the CCO as needed;
• Participate in meetings with co-workers, individually or in a group, to identify gaps within current practices and regulatory requirements and then rectify the process to assure regulatory compliance;
• Review and make recommendations for policies and procedures to meet current regulatory expectations and assist in making updates as regulatory changes occur;
• Monitor new and any proposed laws and regulations in a timely manner and establish compliance obligations to allow Dama to effectively meet these requirements;
• Review and understand consumer complaints received by the organization so accurate and
compliant responses are communicated to consumers;
• Conduct research and data gathering for the completion of compliance requirements for
new products & services; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Working knowledge of compliance regulations governing Bank Secrecy Act & Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), Patriot Act (CIP), Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), FFIEC advisory guidelines regarding Know Your Customer (KYC), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) Reg CC, Reg G and other areas to include consumer banking, credit card, prepaid card, and third-party risk management.
• Ability to develop and maintain rapport with co-workers to effectively obtain and
communicate compliance information.
• Identify and assess regulatory compliance risks and develop appropriate strategies to
• Effectively detect patterns and conditions through observing processes.
• Organized with ability to maintain a complex annual review calendar.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency.
• 3+ years of experience or equivalent in audit program development, internal control
consulting, or risk management utilizing.
• CAMS or relative certification.
• Various automated tools and techniques.
• Experience within credit card industry.
• Exhibit superior time management skills (measured by deadlines and quality of
progress and projects completed).
• Advanced decision-making aptitude.
• Demonstrates ability to deal with and meet tight deadlines with limited resources.
• Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (w/
strong emphasis in Accounting or Finance).
• 2+ years of BSA Analyst with BSA/AML/OFAC experience within a bank setting.
• Achievement Orientation
• Communication/Interpersonal Skills
• Demonstrates Integrity
• Internal Partnering
• Problem Solving
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Business and Industry Acumen
• Technology Proficiency
• Project Management
Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; possess skills to work independently or in a group setting; Flexible personality, as needs change depending on needs of the organization; can Influence a large span of relationships and levels; general business office environment.
Due to the nature of financial systems, you will be required to pass a background check.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kansas City, Missouri
Nov 21st // 2019
Dama Financial is a financial technology startup focused on partnering with banks to serve business customers around the country. Given the nature of our partnership model, the settlement function is critical to the success of our business. With that in mind, we are looking for a BSA/AML Compliance Analyst with the experience and energy necessary to help build a BSA/AML/OFAC function that can scale and support the rapid growth of our business.