GanjapreneurTM delivers marijuana news coverage, business editorials, and interviews with cannabis entrepreneurs. Stay connected to a growing industry: subscribe below!
We recently had the pleasure of interviewing Dr. Michelle Sexton of PhytaLab, a cannabis testing lab serving medical and recreational cannabis businesses in Washington State. Dr. Sexton founded PhytaLab in 2010, and she has also served as a consultant to the Read More
We are excited to announce the first episode of our new podcast with host Shango Los of the Vashon Island Marijuana Entrepreneurs Alliance! In this series, Shango will interview cannabis industry entrepreneurs, activists, investors, and legislators about their experience and Read More
Recently, Ganjapreneur had the chance to connect with Brian Westphal, an entrepreneur looking to innovate and spread awareness in the industrial hemp sector. Westphal’s company, Lotus Boards, is working to produce the world’s first hemp-plastic skateboard. The company’s goal, as stated on their website, Read More
According to a Quinnipiac University poll conducted in March, marijuana legalization is polling better than any 2016 Presidential candidate. The poll, which surveyed voters in Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, found that more than 80 percent of adults support medical marijuana Read More
Marijuana topicals are having their day, particularly in Colorado where cannabis-themed spas are offering therapeutic massage and alternative treatments that use salves, balms and oils infused with cannabis. Generally, these topicals begin with a carrier oil like coconut oil or Read More
Comprehensive medical marijuana legislation was filed in the Alabama state Senate last Thursday, and will be followed by a companion bill in the House. SB 326, the Alabama Medical Marijuana Patient Safe Access Act, was filed by Senator Bobby Singleton Read More
The Florida legislature continues to face legal challenges in its attempt to allow patients access to low-THC, high-CBD marijuana strains like Charlotte’s Web. A new bill written to expedite this process has engendered some pushback from black farmers, who assert Read More
When Indiana lawmakers passed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act last week, they appear to have inadvertently opened the door to legal marijuana consumption — but only if it’s used as part of a religious act or expression. The nuance in the new law Read More
Just a day after a marijuana delivery app, Eaze, announced a $10 million investment round, and… more>>
Governor Martinez vetoed Senate Bill 94 sponsored by Sen. Cisco McSorley (D-16-Bernalillo) within the timeframe allotted… more>>
The legalization of recreational cannabis is opening doors to whole new industries, and this is not… more>>
Last week was an excellent one for cannabis legalization efforts in the Missouri legislature. On Wednesday,… more>>
Both of Texas State Representative Joseph Farias’ (D) bills relating to industrial hemp in the state… more>>
Hemp reform is sweeping the country, with almost every state in America either allowing it now,… more>>
Illinois’s Medical Cannabis Advisory Board has made public the petitions it’s currently reviewing for admission to… more>>
MBank, Oregon’s sole bank offering financial services to businesses in the marijuana sector, has announced that… more>>
State lawmakers in Maryland approved a bill Saturday that would decriminalize marijuana paraphernalia. Maryland decriminalized small… more>>
Cannabis Industry Press
- Arizona Advocates File Ballot Initiative to Legalize and Regulate Cannabis
- Cannabis Edibles: How to Provide Adequate Product Warnings
- DPA Offers Fresh Batch of Recreational Marijuana Stock Photos
- Students Speaks Out Against School’s D.A.R.E. Program, is Detained & Removed from Home
- Medicinal Cannabis Oil Law Approved by Tennessee Legislature
- Federal Judge Rules to Keep Cannabis a Schedule 1 Substance
- Washington Moves Closer to Consolidating MMJ and Recreational Marijuana Markets
- Marijuana Business Incubator to Launch in San Francisco
- House Oversight Committee Issues Statement of “No Confidence” in DEA Administrator Leonhart
- Upcoming Trial Will Decide How Cannabis Can Be Used for Medical Purposes in Canada
- Will the NFL Ever Take Interest in Cannabis?
- Washington’s Legal Marijuana By the Numbers
- New Mexico Governor Vetoes Industrial Hemp Farming Act
- Seattle’s New Approach to Low-Level Drug Offenses Results in Nearly 60% Recidivism, Report Finds
- How to Make Solventless Extractions Using the Rosin Technique
- When Should Parents Discuss Cannabis With Their Children?
- California County Likely to Ban Personal MMJ Cultivation
- What Are the Legal Ethics of Representing Cannabis Clients?
- Bill to Free Prisoner Serving Life Sentence for Cannabis Advances to House
- Pasadena Police Raid Prominent MMJ Testing Lab
- New Mexico Governor Signs Bill to End Civil Asset Forfeiture
- U.S. Representatives Discuss Banking Issues Continuing to Plague Cannabis Industry
- These Nine States Will Resist Marijuana Legalization the Longest
- Can the Government Tax Your MMJ Prescription?
- Legalization Efforts Unify in California for 2016 Legislative Push
- Celebrity Marijuana Endorsements Offer a Wide Range of Appeal
- New Jersey Patients Languish Under Feeble MMJ Program
- Should Schools Have Heavy-Handed Marijuana Policies?
- Top 4/20 Events of 2015
- Proposed Legislation in Nevada Would Further Expand MMJ Program
- DEA Calls for More Government-Grown Marijuana
- Guidelines for Cannabis Pesticide Use Issued by California State Government
- Would Rand Paul Be Good for Legalization if Elected President?
- Law Enforcement Assisted Diversion (LEAD): Bringing a New Approach to Drug Reform
- What Makes the Act of Smoking Addictive?
- Federal Representatives Tell AG Holder to Halt MMJ Prosecutions
- The Politics of Marijuana Tax Bills in Washington
- Texas Legislature Will Hold Hearing for Bill to Reduce Penalties for Cannabis Possession
- Marijuana Legalization Paving Road for Industrial Hemp
- Oregon Dispensaries May Start Distributing Recreational Marijuana in July
- Cannabis Churches to Take Advantage of Indiana Religious Freedoms Law
- The NFL Should Allow Cannabis to Attract More Pro Talent
- Third Annual National Medical Unity Conference Takes Place in Washington D.C.
- Federal Committee Will Hold Hearing to Discuss DEA’s Cartel-Funded Sex Parties
- Secure Transport Industry Flourishing Under Legal Marijuana